close

Sanders Senior Living planning decision shelved due to coronavirus

planning

Plans for a 74-bed, Sanders Senior Living care home in Worcester have been put on hold after a council meeting to discuss the proposals was cancelled due to the coronavirus.

The planning application for the site in John Comyn Drive off Droitwich Road was submitted by Prime and Sanders Senior Living.

Worcester City Council said all meetings up to and including March 24 had been cancelled in order to minimise risk to councillors, council staff and the public and to allow it to focus on the delivery of critical services, including recycling and waste collection, and street cleansing.

Story continues below
Advertisement

The council said it was exploring methods of holding virtual meetings to ensure that time sensitive decisions could be still be taken.

A spokesperson for Sanders Senior Living told CHP: “Given the current circumstances, we completely understand and appreciate the need to delay the planning process for our prospective new care home construction in John Comyn Drive and we will continue to follow any advice and guidelines together with Worcester City Council.”

 

Tags : Planning ApplicationSanders Senior Living
mm

The author Lee Peart

Leave a Response