HC-One has recorded 24 COVID-19 related deaths at Melbury Court in Durham.
The leading care operator said 62 of the 82 residents at the home had been affected by the virus with 38 people having recovered and 20 COVID-19 negative.
The 24 deaths include four people who were transferred from hospital as having recovered from COVID-19.
A spokesperson for the home, which is rated Good by the CQC, said: “Our thoughts and sympathies are with all families who have lost a loved one from coronavirus and we are doing our utmost to support them during this difficult time.
“Caring for our residents and supporting our colleagues is at the heart of what we do, and we are doing everything we can to make sure our residents and colleagues stay safe and well throughout these challenging times.
“We have a comprehensive coronavirus contingency plan in place, which was created by our Clinical Director and reflects the latest government guidance. We have secured the medical equipment, PPE, and supplies we need to protect residents and colleagues alike. Colleagues have access to a range of specific coronavirus training modules, including on the correct use of PPE. These training modules have been regularly updated to reflect all changes in the guidance over recent weeks. We are also working closely with our local health and care partners.
“We have the number of colleagues needed to support our residents. We can also draw on additional support from our Regional Team or colleagues at sister homes if required.
“We are proud of our colleagues and how they have risen to the challenge of the coronavirus outbreak by showing huge dedication and commitment to our residents. We are providing round-the-clock support for all our teams, and we are also grateful to relatives for their ongoing support and understanding.”
HC-One has reported 5,487 suspected or confirmed of cases of COVID-19 as of June 1 with 976 COVID-19 suspected or confirmed resident deaths.