The Care Quality Commission is calling on Care Home Professionals to engage in a consultation on shaping the future of regulation for health and social care.
The inspector says it needs to respond to changes in the way health and social care is being delivered and the demographic challenge of increasing numbers of older people, who will use multiple services to meet their needs.
“The landscape is changing – and we can’t stand still,” says David Behan, chief executive of the CQC.
A key objective of its plans is to develop a ‘single shared view of quality’ – a framework for measuring quality across the health and care system and making it easier to share that information.
Other key themes for the consultation include:
- Strengthening the CQC’s use of data and information
- Targeting and tailoring inspections
- A more flexible approach to registration
- Considering how well hospitals use resources
- Assessing quality of care across local areas.
The consultation is open until 14 March.