An independent investigation is to be launched into the care home with most COVID-19 deaths in the Isle of Man.
The probe into Abbotswood Nursing Home, which has seen 17 COVID-19 related deaths, is being launched on behalf of the regulator.
The move comes after the Isle of Man’s Department of Health and Social Care announced last week that it was moving the last residents from the home after taking over management of the service on April 13.
Minister for Health and Social Care David Ashford told the BBC the findings of the probe would be made public but could not say when they would be published.
“What is actually crucial is that the investigations are undertaken in a proper, considered way and a legally correct way, and that’s more important that putting arbitrary timelines on things,” he said.
Mr Ashford added that a separate review of the home was being carried out by the safeguarding board.
Abbotswood’s directors said they were “utterly devastated by what has happened”, adding: “We wish to extend our thoughts and prayers to the people we have been privileged to care for, and their families and friends who have been affected by the tragic events of recent weeks.”