A new 18-bed Dementia+ Unit has been unveiled at Green Park Care Home in Warrington, Cheshire.
The new unit is part of Orchard Care’s investment in the 103-bed home, which is designed to meet the needs of residents with advanced dementia and more complex needs, while also creating a positive working environment for care and auxiliary teams.
David Williams, Interim Head of Regional Operations for Orchard Care Homes, said: “We are delighted to open the new Dementia+ Unit at Green Park, which we are confident will play an important role in the care landscape of the local area.
“The facility has been created in consultation with the local authorities and care providers, as a response to the growing needs of the community for this type of specialist and enhanced care. The use of assistive technology will be key in providing a high level of quality care, in a setting that has been designed specifically for those living with greater medical needs, and we look forward to welcoming new residents and new staff to the home.”
Dementia specific features at the unit, include:
- Reminiscence rooms set out as a parlour and café, to positively enhance resident surroundings
- Additional multi-purpose room to enable mood-boosting activities
- Wearable technology that interacts with the nursing call system to enable residents to call for assistance
- An environment suited to and supporting staffing levels that are tailored to the heightened needs of the unit
- Access to garden areas for residents to experience the benefits of a safe and secure outdoor space.
To see the official unveiling, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1UuHfqY5g