Outstanding care workers have been honoured at HC-One’s inaugural One of a Kind Awards at the Hilton Hotel in Manchester.
The awards celebrated HC-One’s 14,000 colleagues who have a gone above and beyond to make a real difference to the lives of residents in either a caring or supporting role.
HC-One executive chairman Dr Chai Patel CBE FRCP said: “The HC-One of a Kind Awards are about recognising and celebrating colleagues who demonstrate the kindest care, and demonstrate best practice, that we can all learn from.
“Each and every day, HC-One staff do incredible work, and make such a difference to the lives of residents living in our homes.
“It was a truly special evening, with truly incredible people – and one of the highlights of my 30 year career in health and social care. I could not be more proud of my wonderful colleagues.”
There were 15 awards to recognise colleagues from across the business including:
- Carer of the Year – Keith Varley, Jack Dormond Care Home
- Nurse of the Year – Julie Noble, Jack Dormand Care Home
- Rising Star of the Year – Sarah Todd, Defoe Court Care Home
- Nursing Assistant of the Year – Susan Parr, Callands Care Home
- Chef of the Year – Terri and Deborah Donnelly, Silverwood (Rotherham) Care Home
- Care Home Support Worker of the Year – Lynn Adam, Douglas View Care Home
- Dementia Carer of the Year – Simon Li, Kesteven Grange Care Home
- Team of the Year – Amber Lodge Care Home
- Leader of the Year – Denise Fowler, Fairview Care Home
- Home Manager of the Year – Orla Adamson, Daisy Nook Care Home
- Most Improved Care Home of the Year – Tower Bridge Care Home
- Care Home of the Year – Bankwood Care Home
- Unsung Hero – Catherine Valenti, Joanna Gamack, Francesca Jaskolksi, Gordon Asher, David McCluskey and Stuart Wayper
- Chairman’s Award – Richmond House Care Home
- Lifetime Achievement of the Award – Elizabeth Roscoe